Sunday 3 April 2011

Nautical on the Catwalk

This iconic look is one that continues to inspire some of the leading designers in the fashion world and I don't think it will ever be completely eradicated from the catwalk.


The Neon Sailor - I have always loved Jil Sander's use of colour and I love how some of their latest looks this spring translate over to the Nautical style. By leaving the shapes very understated, they cleverly focus on precise tailoring and a vibrate colour palette to make their collection really stand out

The Modern Sailor - Junya Watanabe played with the classical Nautical look for their spring line and gave it a modern twist. I love the minimal colour scheme of the collection and even down to the model selection they stayed true to the Nautical look. My Favorite is the look with the stripey trousers :P

The Everyday Sailor - I love how the wide variety in the Pringle of Scotland spring collection is kept together by their Nautical colour scheme. Going for both understated and outlandish outfits they create something for everyone and I personally love their use of texture.

The Dapper Sailor - I recognised a lot of the apparel in the Prada spring 2011 collection from pieces I have seen in various editorials and features. Although not typically Nautical pieces, their colour schemes and shapes are very traditional of the Nautical look. I love their big chunky multi-coloures knitwear.

The Playful Sailor - The typical Tommy Hilfiger look is one that compliments the Nautical look very well. Both of them rely on clean tailoring and yet what the latest Tommy Hilfiger collection has done is had a bit of fun with the old style, adding colours which you wouldn't necessarily expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment